Hot and sour soup. Put the wood ears in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain and rinse the wood ears; discard any hard clusters in the centers. Rinse and drain yuba and wood ear once rehydrated, then.
Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do. Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. A Chinese restaurant favourite, it's hearty, savoury, sour – and as spicy as you want it to be.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, hot and sour soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hot and sour soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Hot and sour soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Put the wood ears in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain and rinse the wood ears; discard any hard clusters in the centers. Rinse and drain yuba and wood ear once rehydrated, then.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have hot and sour soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Composition for Hot and sour soup:
- You need 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage.
- Give 1/2 cup for finely chopped carrot.
- Give 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum.
- Provide 2 tbsp for corn flour.
- Need 1 tsp finely chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp for finely chopped garlic.
- Need 2 for chopped green chilli.
- Give 2 tbsp for dark soya sauce.
- Require 2 tbsp tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp – vinegar Salt as a taste.
- Need 1 tbsp – oil 2 cups water or as required.
- Give 1/2 cup of fried noodles for toppings.
- Prepare for for corn starch:.
- Provide 4 tsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Filled with mushrooms, tofu and silky egg ribbons, Hot and Sour soup is thickened with cornflour/cornstarch so the broth is beautifully glossy. How to make simple hot and sour soup. Thicken: Make a slurry by whisking the corn starch and cold water together. Add Proteins: Pour the beaten eggs into the soup while gently stirring.
Hot and sour soup making process:
- Heat a pan, add oil along with chopped ginger, chilli and garlic and saute till they become light pink..
- Now add chopped cabbage, capsicum and carrot or any veggies of your choice. saute for a minute..
- Now add tomato sauce, soya sauce and salt, cooked a minute..
- After that add 2 cups of water and give a good stir. add more water if required..
- Boil for 5 minutes or till the veggies get cooked well. do not over cook the veggies..
- Now add and stir the corn starch paste. Now serve the soup topped with some fried noodles and spring onions..
What Makes Our Hot & Sour Soup Recipe Authentic. My grandparents owned a takeout restaurant. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Did you know that hot and sour soup is actually super easy to make? Yes, the recipe below might look a bit long, because I wanted to create a proper restaurant-style hot and sour soup for you.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food hot and sour soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!