Rustic Sweet Potato Pie.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, rustic sweet potato pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rustic Sweet Potato Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Rustic Sweet Potato Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook rustic sweet potato pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Composition for Rustic Sweet Potato Pie:
- You need 2 – medium sweet potatoes (650-700 g or 1 1/2 lbs raw. It's 2 cups/450-500 g after mashing).
- Prepare 1/2 cup (90 g) of sugar.
- Need 1/2 cup of yoghurt (120 ml).
- Provide 1 tsp – vanilla extract or oil.
- Give 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Require 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional).
- Need 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Provide 3-4 dashes – ground cloves.
- Need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Need 2 of eggs.
- Give – ********.
- Need 1 – unbaked pie crust or make your own with the ingredients below:.
- You need 150 g of flour.
- Give 100 g – butter.
- Give 50 g (50 ml) for ice water.
- You need 1 pinch for salt (not needed if using salted butter).
- Give 1 tsp of sugar.
Rustic Sweet Potato Pie making process:
- For the homemade pie dough (if you have one already start on Step 4): Put flour and salt (leave out if using salted butter) into a large bowl. Cut butter into small cubes and add to flour. You can see more detailed recipe for pie dough in my recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/198326 .
- Rub in the butter into the flour until butter is broken up into pea-sized pieces and mixed throughout..
- Mix in sugar and gradually mix in the cold water until the dough begins to come together. Knead into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour..
- To roast potatoes (you can boil too, though I think the taste is nicer if roasted): Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil..
- Bake for 40 minutes (turn and mix halfway through so it baked evenly) or until fork tender..
- Mash with a fork. (After mashing I used 2 cups or 450-500 g).
- Add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, lemon juice and vanilla..
- Mix in yoghurt. Taste again just in case and adjust any seasoning or sweetness. Lastly, mix in the eggs until smooth..
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Roll out pie dough if using homemade one. (Again, see details in my basic pie dough recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/198326).
- When ready to bake, fill the pie crust with the filling.Smooth out – add some pie crust decorations if you like :).
- Bake for about 1 hour until set. Let cool completely before enjoying..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food rustic sweet potato pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!