Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes. Try this easy Bengali Chicken and Potato Curry recipe with step by step instructions! If you are a fan of Bengali cuisine, then you must try this easy Bengali Chicken and Potato Curry recipe. A delicious and authentic dish, this bengali chicken curry with potatoes recipe will become your favourite.
It is spicy and generally serve with steamed rice. It's a comfort food in Bengali and Odisha houses. The most substantial ingredient of making this chicken.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, bengali style chicken curry with potatoes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Try this easy Bengali Chicken and Potato Curry recipe with step by step instructions! If you are a fan of Bengali cuisine, then you must try this easy Bengali Chicken and Potato Curry recipe. A delicious and authentic dish, this bengali chicken curry with potatoes recipe will become your favourite.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have bengali style chicken curry with potatoes using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Composition of Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes:
- Provide 500 gm chicken.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes cut into two halves.
- You need 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- Require 10 for garlic buds grinded into paste.
- You need 2 medium sized for onion chopped.
- Give 1 tablespoon for tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Give 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves (optional).
- Give 1 bayleaf.
- Require as needed of Whole garam masala (4 green cardamom, 3 cloves).
- You need 1 teaspoon – garam masala powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon for ghee (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon – turmeric powder.
- You need as needed Vegetable oil.
This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful, stew-like jhol (curry). The defining characteristic of the Bengali-style chicken curry is the presence of potatoes, which, when cooked in the curry, become soft and succulent, full of all the juicy goodness of the curry. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style is a riff on food I grew up eating. But how they would make it in a restaurant.
Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes process:
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and salt. Keep it covered for at least 1hr..
- Heat some oil in a wok, add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt..
- Fry them till golden brown. Keep it aside..
- In the same wok, add some more oil if required. Add the bayleaf and whole garam masalas. Let them splutter..
- Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown in colour..
- Add the marinated chicken and mix it well. Keep it covered and saute it in between..
- Add the fried potatoes when the chicken is half cooked..
- Add some lukewarm water if required or if you need some gravy..
- Mix them well and keep it covered for 10min..
- Check whether the chicken has become soft. If yes, add the garam masala, ghee and coriander leaves..
- Mix them well and serve hot.
If only restaurants made it… Back then it was called murgir jhol. Because when I was growing up this was the definitive chicken curry. Murgir jhol or aloo diye murgir jhol or Bengali sunday special light chicken curry is a quick and easy recipe of Bengal. Murgir jhol means a simple soup like healthy Bengali light chicken curry with potato which is a Sunday special nostalgia. ABOUT Bengali Chicken Curry With Potato (Aloo Murgir Jhol) RECIPE "Jhol" is a term that denotes liquid curry/stew which is prepared with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, seasonings and water (to make liquid).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food bengali style chicken curry with potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!